Extreme Winter Sports Insurance

Our winter Sports travel insurance offers great value cover for skiiers and snowboarders, there is the option to upgrade our ski insurance policy and add Tobogganing, Heli-Skiing and Ice Hockey.

Our winter sports travel insurance features comprehensive cover which is designed specifically to meet the needs of skiers and snowboarders. As with all our policies, you have the reassurance of knowing that the range and levels of our insurance cover are among the most comprehensive available anywhere. You also have the extra safety of being covered on and off piste.

Skis and snowboards, whether your own or hired, are covered both on and off the mountain, as well as in transit. This equipment if lost, stolen or damaged is covered up to £500.

Other things covered by the policy include compensation for piste closure, as well as holiday cancellation due to lack of snow. We also cover you for other weather-related risks, such as missed connections or extra accommodation expenses incurred because of an avalanche or sudden bad weather.

In addition to areas of the policy which are specific to skiing and snowboarding, our winter sports insurance also includes 72 sports and activities which you will find on all our travel insurance policies. Amongst these activities are Ski dooing and Snow Mobiling.

Annual Travel Insurance

Winter sports cover can also be included on our Annual Travel Insurance policy, making this policy a cost effective option. You can include 17 days’ skiing/snowboarding on your travel policy for either Worldwide or European travel for an unlimited number of trips fo up to 183 days during the year.

What you need to tell us

To ensure that this insurance provides adequate cover, it is important that you tell us if you have any existing medical conditions. You must also tell us of any fact that is likely to influence us in the assessment or acceptance of this insurance. Failure to do so may mean that you have insufficient cover in the event of a claim.


Our winter sports policies are for people under the age of 65. Please note: our travel insurance is only available to people who have lived in the UK for at least 6 months out of the last 12. Your main home in is the UK or Isle of Man. You have a UK bank account, a General Practitioner and a National Insurance Number.

How to obtain a quote or buy insurance

You can either buy insurance direct from this site or call the our sales on 0844 334 0155.

Our opening hours are 9.00am to 5.30pm Monday - Friday.

*Piste Closure cover is only available for holidays starting after 1st January and ending before 1st April.